Shropshire RCC administers a number of grants schemes through the Shropshire Community Fund to support groups to improve their community and the lives of local people.
A list of recent approved grant applications can be viewed here.
Community Resilience Fundmore
The Community Resilience Fund supports groups in the aftermath of a crisis, ensuring they are able to survive and continue to support their communities.
Grants of up to £1,000 are currently available to small community and voluntary groups in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin financially impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and February 2020 floods.
Some examples of what can be funded:
- A Village Hall or community centre that had to close and suffered loss of income through cancelled bookings but still has to meet ongoing running costs, and has low reserves;
- Purchase of additional equipment (eg headsets, cameras, laptop computers, PPE ) to enable an organisation to continue to deliver services but in a different way
- An organisation that has seen a spike in its costs as a result of mobilising volunteers to help people affected by the pandemic and/or floods, or greater demand for their services (eg purchase of food or other supplies for beneficiaries; volunteer expenses)
- Extraordinary costs of getting services back up and running such as health and safety equipment, specialist cleaning
Next deadline: You can submit your application to us at any time. The grant panel will consider applications on monthly basis.
Application forms and guidance notes
Millichope Fund for Community Buildingsmore
Shropshire RCC has been asked by the Millichope Foundation to administer a fund for the benefit of community buildings in Shropshire. The fund provides small grants of up to £500 to enable village halls and community centres to purchase items of equipment to help meet the needs of their local community.
Examples of things that have been funded previously include:
- Hearing loops or equipment to assist disabled users
- Tables, chairs and other furniture
- Kitchen equipment (eg white goods or crockery)
- Replacement water heaters or radiators
- Curtains, draught excluders and other insulation
- Audio and visual equipment (eg a PA system) and portable staging
The fund cannot contribute to general running costs, staff salaries, volunteers expenses, large capital projects or resurfacing of car parks.
Next deadline: Friday 29 May 2020
Shropshire Grassroots Fundmore
The Shropshire Grassroots Fund aims to increase the availability of grant funding to build the capacity and sustainability and support for small voluntary and community groups and organisations (grassroots groups).
Grants up to £500 are available to small grassroots community and voluntary groups in Shropshire which have an annual turnover of less than £50,000 per annum. The Fund prioritises applications for requests which can be demonstrated to have a long term benefit for organisations to help them grow and develop. This can include core costs to help organisations extend their reach to more people, and widen their work.
Examples of the type of request we are keen to fund could include training (for staff and volunteers), volunteer expenses, furniture and equipment, promotional materials, and room hire. The fund cannot make a contribution to general appeals. It cannot fund on-going staff salaries, large capital build projects, parties or other one off events.
Next deadline: Friday 29 May 2020
If your group/organisation is within 15 miles of Prees in North Shropshire, and running projects focussed on environmental improvements or community participation, we have a fund which may be able to help with up to £1,000.
Please contact us for more details 01743 360641.
Help from other fundersmore
There are thousands of funding sources available to help disadvantaged people and community groups. If you are a current paid member of Shropshire RCC we may be able to help you to identify potential funding for your project.
You can become a member here:
If you would like to know more, please contact 01743 360641