Hire our smoothie bike for your event!
Our smoothie bike is a stationary cycle that harnesses the cyclist’s pedaling energy to power a blender that is attached to the bike. Fruit is put into the blender jug and a delicious, healthy drink is produced by the cyclist. It’s a fun, novel way to promote a healthy and active lifestyle. The Smoothie Bike is always a hit at school and village fairs and a fantastic way to fund-raise at your event – it’s enjoyed by both children and adults alike.
The cost of hire is £25+VAT (£30) for up to a week.
Click on this link for a short film to see the smoothie bike in action and for instructions on fitting the smoothie mechanism:
Hiring the Smoothie Bike - practicalities
- Contact Jayne Travers at Shropshire RCC on 01743 360641 to check availability and make a booking.
- Collect the bike at a specified time from the offices at Shropshire RCC on Shrewsbury Business Park and pay the £30 hire fee. On collection, you will be given instructions on how to use and assemble the bike. Written instructions are also provided. You will need to sign an agreement taking responsibility for ensuring the safe use of the bike.
- Transporting the bike: The bike measures 2.1 metres in length so may fit in the back of a larger car. It can be ridden like a normal bike, with the smoothie attachments stowed in the panniers. It is a short wheel based bike (to allow children to make smoothies) and the attachments make it heavier than normal, so it is unlikely you would want to ride it for longer distances.
- Enjoy using the bike at your event! A responsible person must stay with the bike at all times to supervise its use.
- Check over, clean and return the bike to the Shropshire RC offices. Please note that any damages must be paid for.