Care and Share Volunteer Helpers - Church Stretton and Much Wenlock
Our Care and Share groups take place twice a month for people with dementia and the family members who cares for them. They offer a stimulating and varied programme of activities including reminiscence, quizzes, crafts, guest speakers and local outings. They also give family carers a much-needed opportunity for respite while their loved one is participating in the group.
We have recently expanded Care and Share and are looking for volunteers to help us run groups in Church Stretton and Much Wenlock. If you are looking for a volunteering role supporting people in your local community with mild to moderate memory loss then please get in touch with Nickie Long - email@example.com / 01743 237888
Charity Trustee (Unpaid)Do you share our love of Shropshire? Do you understand the challenges faced by people living in rural areas, particularly those who are older, living alone, or vulnerable due to their health, economic circumstances or caring responsibilities? Do you want to make a difference in the community, or to "put something back" after a successful career? Perhaps you have recently moved to the area and want to get involved with a charity which really makes a difference to people's lives.
Could you bring:
- Strategic financial experience to help us to maintain a robust, financially sound Rural Community Charity or
- HR experience to support our organisation which is proud of how it works with its staff and volunteers or
- Marketing/PR experience to support us to get our message across to the widest audiences in a time of massive competition in ever evolving communication platforms
- Fundraising experience to support our work particularly through your personal contacts or experience organising community events
- Legal or property experience to support the management of our own assets and our work supporting others to manage theirs
If you can offer any of the above, we will welcome an application from you to become a member of the Shropshire RCC Board of Trustees. You can download an recruitment pack here