The Shropshire Community Fund is an initiative which provides grants to small charities and community groups across the county.
It is managed by Shropshire RCC and builds on the work we currently do helping charities and voluntary groups access funding available.
The fund has been supported by the High Sheriff of Shropshire, Rhoderick Swire, who has committed to using his time in office to shine a light on the smaller organisations that may be struggling to survive.
With cutbacks in Government spending at both local and national levels, demands and pressures on small charities have risen significantly, and funding available to help them deliver their work has not kept pace.
Smaller grant-giving charities and foundations are also struggling to find suitable beneficiaries to apply for their funds. Furthermore, the original intention for many trust funds is no longer relevant or appropriate, making it difficult to know how the money available can be distributed.
The Shropshire Community Fund:
- Administers grants to groups which support communities in the county
- Bridges the divide between the people in need and the charities who can help them
- Supports trusts by redirecting their charitable giving to suit modern needs
- Finds potential applicants for funding
How you can help
You can support the Shropshire Community Fund by:
- Making a donation
- Leaving a legacy in your will
- Nominating it as your company’s chosen charity
- Organising a fundraising event
To find out more about Shropshire Community Fund please contact Julia Baron, Chief Executive, on 01743 237876 / Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for funding
For more information on the grants available within the fund, the criteria and how to apply, click here