Shropshire RCC administers a number of grants schemes to support community groups to improve their community and the lives of local people.
Shropshire Grassroots Fund
Shropshire Grassroots Fund supports small, volunteer-led groups with an annual income of less than £30,000. The fund is currently open for applications of up to £500 for projects that address the following priorities:
• Young children and early years activities, particularly targeted towards disadvantaged children
• Youth Groups, particularly activities that support vulnerable or disadvantaged young people
• Older people – particularly activities that reduce loneliness and isolation
• Tackling poverty and improving the lives of Shropshire’s most disadvantaged people, particularly those living in isolated rural areas
The fund cannot make a contribution to general appeals. It cannot fund on-going staff salaries, large capital build projects and parties or other one off events.
Next deadline:12 April
Shropshire Community Fund
Shropshire RCC administers the Shropshire Community Fund on behalf of Shropshire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group. The purpose of the fund is to provide grants of up to £750 to help voluntary and community groups to start or develop their activities around health and wellbeing. Projects should be able to demonstrate a clear impact on the health of beneficiaries.
Examples of projects we might fund include running healthy living activities or a health-focused self-help group. Examples of things that groups can apply for includes:
- Start-up costs for newly formed groups
- Training costs for staff, volunteers and beneficiaries
- Items of equipment
- Volunteers out of pocket expenses
To be eligible groups must deliver their service in the Shropshire CCG area only (ie the County of Shropshire excluding Telford & Wrekin) .The fund cannot make a contribution to general appeals. It cannot fund ongoing staff salaries, large capital build projects and parties or other one off events.
Next deadline: 12 April
Millichope Fund for Community Buildings
Shropshire RCC has been asked by the Millichope Foundation to administer a fund for the benefit of community buildings in Shropshire. The fund provides small grants of up to £500 to enable village halls and community centres to purchase items of equipment to help meet the needs of their local community.
Examples of things that have been funded previously include:
- Hearing loops or equipment to assist disabled users
- Tables, chairs and other furniture
- Kitchen equipment (eg white goods or crockery)
- Replacement water heaters or radiators
- Curtains, draught excluders and other insulation
- Audio and visual equipment (eg a PA system) and portable staging
The fund cannot contribute to general running costs, staff salaries, volunteers expenses, large capital projects or resurfacing of car parks.
Help from other funders
There are thousands of funding sources available to help disadvantaged people and community groups. We can help you to identify potential funding for your project.
People in Need: We have access to a database of hundreds of charitable trusts set up to help people in times of need. We can search this database to identify suitable funding sources for you, or someone you know who is in need.
Grantfinder: We have access to a database of thousands of charitable trusts, grant programmes and investment funds set up to help voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations. We can match your funding needs with the funders most likely to support your cause.
To access a People in Need or Grantfinder search, contact on 01743 360641